Vintage Original 1960 24 Heures du Mans Poster Department of Transportation.
1960 Le Mans multicolor tourist advertising poster with photo by Yves Debraine, France, using the same artwork at that year's official event poster.
This poster was published by the French Government's office of Transportation and Tourism.
It features the start of the 1959 race with all the cars coming onto the course with the grandstands and pits filled to capacity.
Despite not being the event's poster, this poster is actually at least as scarce as, or even scarcer than the event poster and should not be missing in any serious Le Mans collection.
16 x 23 inches
41 x 58 cm
More than excellent condition for its age with some minute fraying at the top and bottom which only adds to the fantastic patina of this poster.
The race was won by Paul Frère and Olivier Gendebien in their Nr 11 Ferrari 250 TR 59/60 S/N 0774TR with a total of 314 laps to their name.
For the full results of this race, please see 24 Heures du Mans results 1960.
Furthermore, the following Ferrari were engaged:
- Ferrari 250 TR59 Fantuzzi Spyder - S/N 0766TR - Andre Pilette / Ricardo Rodriguez - 2nd overall
- Ferrari 250 GT SWB - S/N 2001GT - Fernand Tavano / Pierre Dumay - 4th overall
- Ferrari 250 GT SWB - S/N 1931GT - George Arents / Alan Connell - 5th overall
- Ferrari 250 GT SWB - S/N 2021GT - Elde / Pierre Noblet - 6th overall
- Ferrari 250 GT SWB - S/N 1759GT - Ed Hugus / Augie Pabst - 7th overall
- Ferrari 250 GT SWB - S/N 2009GT - Graham Whitehead / Henry Taylor - DNF - Engine
- Ferrari 250 GT California - S/N 2015GT - William Sturgis / Jo Schlesser - DNF - Engine
- Ferrari 250 TRI/60 - S/N 0780TR - Willy Mairesse / Ritchie Ginther - DNF - Gearbox
- Ferrari 250 GT SWB - S/N 1811GT - Jean Beurlys / Lucien Bianchi - DNF - Accident
- Ferrari 250 TR 59/60 - S/N 0770TR - Wolfgang von Trips / Phil Hill - DNF - Out of fuel
- Ferrari 250 TRI/60 - S/N 0782TR - Ludovico Scarfiotti / Pedro Rodriguez / DNF - Out of fuel
This poster will be shipped, rolled, in a sturdy tube to prevent damage in transit.
This poster is VERY scarce and we only have 1 available.