Vintage 1959 Photo of Ferrari 250 TR 59 S/N 0766TR & 0770TR at the Goodwood Tourist Trophy.
This is a vintage 1959 photo of the leader pack during the TT at Goodwood.
The pack consists of:
- The # 2 Aston-Martin DBR1/300 (S/N 2, would win this race) of Carroll Shelby & Jack Fairman, followed by
- The # 22 Porsche 718 RSK (would finish second) of Wolfgang Berghe von Trips & Joakim Bonnier
- The # 9 Ferrari 250 TR 59 (S/N 0770TR, would finish 5th) of Tony Brooks & Dan Gurney
- The # 24 Porsche 718 RSK (would crash out of the race) of Hans Herrmann & Chris Bristow
- Last but not least the # 10 Ferrari 250 TR 59 (S/N 0766TR, would finish 3rd) of Olivier Gendebien (other sources say that Cliff Allison drove the car until it was taken over by Phil Hill / Tony Brooks).
Both 0766TR & 0770TR have extensive racing careers and survive to this day.
The photo measures some 18 x 12.5 cm or 7 x 5 inches and is in mint condition.
The back carries NO references to the photographer.
This is a vintage print, i.e. printed shortly after the original image was captured on film.
Only 1 available.